Traditional parenting does not heal the wounded hearts of traumatized children. This adoption- and trauma-informed workshop will help you find your way with a comprehensive approach to parenting from difficult beginnings. The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Complex Developmental Trauma vs. Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Brain-based Parenting Strategies
- Impact of Attachment Styles on Parenting Attachment Challenged Children
- Conquering Parent Reactivity
- Zones of Regulation
- Trust-based Relational Intervention (TBRI)–Empowering, Connecting, Correcting
Get support, information, coaching, and understanding for what you are experiencing as a parent.
Who Should Attend?
YOU, if you are a relative, caregiver, guardian, or adoptive parent of a child(ren) from difficult beginnings—maltreatment, neglect, trauma, attachment breach, drug exposure, difficult pregnancy, and/or birth trauma. This is the help you have been looking for, especially if you have tried everything.
April1, 2017 from 10am to 5pm
Light lunch provided. Bring special diet lunch.
Registration required. Cost is $200 per 2 person group. No tickets will be issued, but two spots will be reserved for you.
Childcare for children under 12 years old will be provided for $30, plus $10 for each additional child.