Initial consultation with Journey Clinical:
- You schedule an initial evaluation with a clinician from the Journey Clinical medical team via zoom. They will go over your medical and psychiatric history with you, provide education on the treatment and determine if you are eligible for KAP.
- If Journey Clinical’s medical team determines that you are eligible for KAP, they will develop a personalized Ketamine prescription and outcome monitoring plan for you.
- Journey Clinical’s medical staff will write a ketamine prescription for you, and a small amount of oral ketamine will be sent to your home, enough for the first 2 KAP sessions. You will be taught to take your vitals and self-administer the ketamine lozenges by Journey Clinical’s medical team in advance of our KAP sessions.
- Once you receive your ketamine lozenges, we will schedule time together for our KAP preparation, Ketamine journey, and integration sessions. Preparation session(s) will be scheduled just like regular therapy sessions prior to the KAP dosing session. The goal of a preparation session(s) is to align on the process and set intentions for our KAP jouney sessions together.
KAP Dosing Session:
- A typical ketamine dosing session lasts between 2-3 hours and can take place either in-person at my office, or remotely via telehealth in some circumstances.
- During a dosing session, you will self-administer your ketamine lozenge either in my office or in your home. You will be in a comfortable, reclining position wearing an eye mask and listening to calming music. Although a KAP dosing session may be largely an internal experience, I will be present with you the entire time to hold space and provide support as needed.
- After our KAP dosing session, we will meet for an integration therapy session to review the memories, thoughts & insights that arose during your dosing session, and to prepare for the next dosing session.
Follow-up consultations with Journey Clinical:
- After our second KAP journey session, you will schedule a follow up appointment with Journey Clinical’s medical team who monitor outcomes and prescribe ketamine lozenge refills, as appropriate. The frequency of follow ups depends on your unique treatment plan, at a minimum of once per quarter.